CHSCP: Group B/C: FGM & Breast Flattening ( CPD Accredited)
Date & Time:
Wednesday 8 June 2022 (10:00 - 13:30)
Aim of the Course
- To enhance the understanding and skills of all professionals to act appropriately and confidently toprotect and support girls who are at risk or have been subjected to FGM and/or breast flattening.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Gained a greater understanding about what FGM and Breast Flattening are, reasons for the practice, prevalence and impact on girls' and women's lives.
- Been made aware of key legislation and statutory guidance that determines their personal safeguarding role.
- Understood the process for requesting an FGM protection order in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Been made aware of the role of key services.
- Explored gaps in local provision and how to address these.
- Considered how to sustainably engage with girls, their families and communities.
- Gained confidence in dealing with cases of FGM and Breast Flattening.
Rohma Ullah, National FGM Centre, Barnardo’s