CHSCP: Group A/B/C - Small Steps Countering the Far Right
Date & Time:
Aims of the course:
Small Steps will be providing training and support to counter far-right hatred and division. Small Steps are former members of far-right organisations who have rejected violence and far-right narratives, and are now committed to exposing and eradicating far-right extremism in the UK. Now using their first-hand experience they aim to empower by raising awareness of the far-right, the dangers of this extremism and racism. Community groups, faith leaders and professionals play a crucial role in ensuring safety in local areas. The workshop is designed to help spot far-right activity, recognise signs of radicalisation and give advice on how to intervene safely.
By the end of the training participants will have learned:
- Different type of far-right organisations operating.
- Grooming and training techniques used by the far-right.
- Signs and symptoms to look out for.
- Counter narratives to far-right arguments.
- Engagement/ Difficult Conversation skills.