CHSCP: Group B/C - Impact of Neglect and Emotional Abuse on the Development of Children & Young People
Date & Time:
Tuesday 14 March 2023 (10:00 - 15:30)
Aim of the course:
- To help participants become more familiar with the impact on children and young people affected by neglect and emotional abuse and the implications of this for decision making about their welfare.
- Support participants to recognise and respond to Neglect early.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Considered recent research findings into physical, psychological and behavioural impact of abuse and neglect on development.
- Considered the impact of abuse and neglect on physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioural development on children of different ages, culture and disability.
- Explored the link between emotional and behavioural distress and maltreatment.
- Identified indicators or abuse/ neglect through observation of parent-child interaction.
Gretchen Precey, Independent Trainer