Terms & Conditions
CHSCP Expectations for Delegates
1. Be prompt. You must arrive before the course start time. The training instructions clearly state the registration and start time of the course. Plan your journey in advance to ensure you arrive on time.
2. Trainers will have a set cut-off time for each course and if you arrive after this, you will not be admitted into the training room regardless of the reasons. Your agency will be charged a non-attendance fee. The cut-off time is set at the discretion of the trainers.
3. Mobile phones must be switched off or on silent during the course. If you must take an urgent call please leave the training room to do so.
4. Clear your diary. Please do not book other appointments on the same day of the training. If you have to arrive late or leave early you will not have completed the full course and therefore may not be eligible to receive your certificate. This will be at the discretion of the trainer. If an urgent meeting arises please contact the Training Coordinator who will be able to advise if you should still attend the course.
5. Be respectful of others. One of the benefits of multi-agency training is the chance to meet and work alongside professionals from other agencies. You will find that people may offer views and opinions that are different to yours and this all contributes to lively discussion and greater learning. Please note that any behaviour or views expressed that are seen as discriminatory will be challenged.
6. Take care of yourself. The CHSCP training programme covers all aspects of safeguarding and child protection. Some of the content, particularly around child abuse and neglect may potentially cause upset for some participants. If you find the subject matter particularly distressing, please feel free to leave the room and take a break from the group, if possible letting the trainer know. The trainers will be around in the breaks and after the session, should you want to discuss particular issues in private. If you are aware that certain issues may be sensitive for you in particular, consider alerting the trainer before the session starts. We would also ask that you be mindful of the impact of the training on the other participants and ask that you are sensitive to any of your colleagues responses to the topics discussed.
7. Be patient. Due to delegates coming from different partner agencies there will be differing areas of expertise and levels of knowledge but nobody should be made to feel like they have nothing to contribute.
8. Any serious breach of these expectations will be communicated to the participant’s line manager.
9. Enjoy! You have chosen to attend this course to further develop your skills and knowledge so make the most of it!