CHSCP: Group A/B/C - Improving Professionals Participation in Child Protection (CP) Conferences
Date & Time:
This course aims to provide participants with an overview of the preparation for and contribution to Child Protection Conferences, the purpose of Child Protection Plans and how these are supported by the Core Group meetings.
By the end of the course participants will have a greater understanding of:
- The purpose of Child Protection Conferences.
- Child Protection thresholds, what is significant harm and the categories of abuse.
- Hackney's Child Protection Framework; a strength based and trauma informed model.
- What is expected of a professional prior to, during the Conference meeting, and to enact the Plan.
- How to involve Children in Child Protection Conferences and capturing the child(ren)'s voice/experience
- Child Protection Plans - goal focused planning which achieves set outcomes
- Purpose of core group meetings
- The reviewing process and escalation