Group B/C: Child Abuse Linked to Faith & Belief (CPD Accredited)
Date & Time:
Aim of the course
To equip professionals with the knowledge and confidence to recognise and deal with child abuse linked to faith and belief.
To consider the concepts of:
- witchcraft and spirit possession;
- demons or the devil through children or leading them astray;
- the evil eye or djinns and dakini;
- ritual or muti murders; and
- the use of belief in magic or witchcraft to create fear in childrento make them more compliant when they are being trafficked for domestic slavery or sexual exploitation.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Identify factors within various faith and belief systems that make some of these harmful to children and adults
- Gain greater confidence to recognise and support those at risk of abuse linked to faith and belief
- Consider different ways to assess the religious/spiritual beliefs of families
- Reflect on current practice